Saturday, May 18, 2019

Day 18 - Vatican Museum


So, as I mentioned an earlier day we took a guided tour of the Vatican Museum. It's something I highly recommend, since you get a lot of interesting info that way and you get all the best pieces pointed out to you. Had I walked around in there willy-nilly I would never have appreciated it as much as I did with a guide. Also, the place is grand, in more ways than one. It's large, sure, but there are also so many pieces to look at and the interiors themselves are gorgeous too. As you walk here you get a sensory overload I've seldom experienced, and if you don't have someone to guide you through it you'll get lost in it. Even with the guide, I got totally engulfed by some of the paintings at times... The museum is a wonderful experience.

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a pack-rat's residence (ha). Did the guide tell you who painted those pieces in the arches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He may have, I'm not sure. We stayed longer in other rooms with much larger paintings made by Raphael, but I don't remember if he also painted the small ones in this particular room.

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...