Friday, May 24, 2019

Day 23 and 24 - Tranquility

You didn't think I'd only have one post for the largest church in the world did you? Definitely not!

The top shot is of the inside of the dome I wrote about as I showed the first pictures of the Vatican. It's in the middle right above the huge wooden altar in the bottom shot.

The bottom shot is only a shot a short distance away from the other wide angle shot I showed you yesterday, but it also shows how the basilica stretches out to the sides.

Walking in the basilica, we were very lucky to get to hear the choir practice. I don't need to tell you that the acoustics made it sound even more beautiful. Let's just say I got goose bumps...

/MrsHjort 

2 comments:

  1. Is that two guys swimming (very top of the ceiling)? ;-) Good view of the church, but where is the choir (out of sight on the left)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The choir was way back behind the altar in a section that was closed off. We could see them but they were quite far away so I don't have any pictures of them.

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...