Monday, November 9, 2015

Day 9 - Vegetable

I thought of paprika from the very start, when this word first showed up in the random word generator. So, after work I went by the store to pick up the prettiest ones I could find. I ended up buying one of each color (except green) and laid them out on my kitchen counter as soon as I got home. The only thing was, it didn't really look that interesting... Sure they were nice looking, but something was missing! That was when one of my cats gave me an idea.

You see, our cat Morris has quite peculiar taste when it comes to food - he loves chilies! When ever we're coking, he lies down on a plate where we usually keep them and just rolls, and rolls around on them like he thinks they're catnip! Gosh, he's such a weirdo! Anyway, adding the chilies was just what my shot needed. That little extra spice to turn things up a notch

Thank you Morris, you may be weird, but you're
the good kind of weird :)

/MrsHjort

10 comments:

  1. What an odd cat, but isn't it great how they all have different personalities :)
    I think you were right it needed the chillies, and it makes the composition work.
    I also like the blank space at the top (although, as I'm feeling pedantic, I feel the need to point out that both of these are actually fruit).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Technically you're right, I didn't even think of that. Though I've also heard that, technically, the peanut isn't a nut but a type of leguminous plant ;)

      Delete
  2. Yes, the chillies do add the right kind of extra spice to the shot. Great colours, good lighting and an interesting still life.

    It's funny, but when I lived in South Africa, we called the other things peppers. Here in Australia, they call them capsicums. Took me a while to figure out they were talking about the same things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I love most is how the green stems reach out in different directions. That is what brings the scene alive for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like Morris should be dubbed the photographers assistant. One of my dogs is into everything I photograph, She is determined that I don't know what I am doing, and that she has to help (even if it is eating the roses). A nice colorful collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful still life, those green stalks look like they are having a conversation and the chilli sure does add some pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I call those things capsicums! I like the variations of the colours - and good choice not putting the green in I think. I kind of wish the edge of the wood blended a bit more softly into the background though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's an interesting thought. I'll try that the next time :)

      Delete
  7. I'm so far behind, Natalie, but here at the last day to comment. Many comments may be shorter than I had hoped but I have been working tirelessly trying to get some art out there before the Xmas season. Trying to make a living as an artist is hard. I think I may be too sensitive to actually do it; too hard.
    Really nice simple composition with nice lighting. :-) Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear sweet Maggie. I totally understand that it's tough for you, I've lived though my fair share of stress! Don't worry about it! And thank you so very much for stopping by and spending your precious spare time writing to me :).

      Yes, photography is a very personal thing. It is hard, definitely! I am so impressed at what you're trying to do and I hope that you will receive the recognition you so rightly deserve. You're very talented!

      Hugs, Natalie

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...