Sunday, March 8, 2015

Wonderful Spring

I've had a very productive day today. I just love how much more energy you get when it's light as you wake up in the mornings. The boring browns outside are finally giving in to green and the first flowers are blooming in my garden. Finally spring is here!

I shot this pretty Snowdrop just this morning, and the weather was no nice I decided to stay outside, grab a shovel and do some gardening (I didn't even need a jacket). So, now the flower beds have been cleared and the boring brown dead things have been cut away. Ah what a nice feeling to have finally begun with the spring chores!

Later, Mr and I went to Ikea to buy some shelves for our newly renovated library, and after that, as Mr went off to judge a football game, my energetic fingers just could not stay away from the boxes for very long. I grabbed a screwdriver and bippity boppity boo, up they went, easy as pie (I love Ikea!).

I never expected to get so much done this day, I have longed for a day of doing absolutely nothing all week, and as it arrived it turned into the exact opposite. I "blame" the clear blue sky, the spring wind and the twittering birds.

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty and fresh looking photograph. I am so jealous; we are still hunkering down under tons of snow. Surely in the weeks to come things will change and quickly.

    I also love Ikea. Next year perhaps -- if they still have it, I want the Hemnes Tv Storage combination with glass windows in Black/brown. It's so beautiful and I would have place to show off my fancy glasses and places to hide playstation controllers and crap! :-D

    You must put up some photos of the new areas and renovations on your house! :-)
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Small world! The shelves I wrote about are actually from that very series. What great taste you have ;). That's not a bad suggestion, I'll give you a tour soon :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...