Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Day 11 - Color

This most be the most elaborate setup I've ever done! And the strangest one too, but hey, whatever works!

This is a bundle of straws. I put them on a mortar, that stood on a chair, that stood on our kitchen table (this is not usually the case though haha, if you're wondering :P). The kitchen lamp behind my setup caused lens flare, so I used a tripod and remote. I also held up a kitchen towel behind the straws, and let the light shine through it instead of directly at the straws. Though that turned out too dark, so, I decided to put an empty jar behind the straws, a jar to support my phone. The phone was set to use its own little flashlight (you know, that itty bitty one that it uses as a flash) to shine through the straws.

So there you have it, this is how I spent my afternoon haha!

/MrsHjort

8 comments:

  1. You could enter this in an illo contest, and no one would no the difference - cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic mesmerizing result. Your creative effort really pays of with beautiful colours, intruiging light and composition

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the effort was worthwhile because the result is great! Such wonderful colours shining through those straws and the backlit plastic looks great! Awesome half-frame composition too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh pretty pretty... at first I thought they were straws, then I decided they were tiny pots of colored something or other. Wow what a description of ingenuity... and the results are designer :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice, the light and colours look great as a thumbnail and also large. You are creative and persistent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great outcome! I would have loved to see a wide angle photo of the whole setup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That would have been something! Me in the middle of a very messy kitchen, trying to keep the cats away from the setup while holding up the dish cloth behind the setup ;). I think you would have to call the insane asylum after seeing that haha!

      Delete
  7. You know, I've never photographed straws before yet I've seen them done with nice lighting like this and they always look so great. It's like our brain forgets they are straws. Wonderful + reminder to self: maggie.. take pics of straws :-D

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...