Friday, November 13, 2015

Day 13 - Coat

Today's picture was really simple, both in shooting and editing. I simply hung Mr's coat on a hanger, used a garment roller to remove the cat hair and draped his scarf by the left breast pocket. Post-ed was real simple too - just some routine sharpening, contrast adjustments, color enhancements and I'm done.

Today has also been filled with ups and downs. The ups have been at work - things are going very well and I really like it in general. I just could not ask for a better boss or colleagues! The downs have been really heartbreaking though - my mother-in-law's cat had to be put to sleep today (from old age). So, needless to say, there has been a lot of laughter and smiles today, but tears and sadness too. My thoughts are with you today, Aila, if you're reading this. I send you all my love and hope you find the strength to move forward. Know that you're always welcome at our place!

/MrsHjort

12 comments:

  1. Thank you, dear Natalie. I'm tired but can't sleep, I "see" Sotis all the time, think he will very soon come after me.... - We got 20 happy years and such is felt in everything I do. No cucumber begging when I eat etc.

    I'll visit your place and see you both and your cute cats, but today I'm too sad. Thank you for being with me! With love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first remark would be "that is a coat I would love because or the combination of knitted and woven materials" .... and then I read the description. The knitted part is a scarf :D.
    I still love the combination and I'm you could shoot it with less headaches than yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes a nice abstract. Wonder if it would have turned out as well, while still on Mr. (ha) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice arrangement to set off the coat, the scarf just adds that little bit extra.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An excellent shot. Great colour and patterns, and texture, and this would fit right in with my poster images! And isn't it lovely when you don't have to work to hard to get such good stuff out!?

    Especially on a sad day. Sorry to hear about the cat. I can fully appreciate how she is feeling considering that our cat is also not well and we are not sure how long we will still have him with us for. :( But when we take on pets, we take on heartache, because if all goes well, they should see the end of their time before we do, so just think that all is at it should be... My thoughts are with all of you though.

    And glad it's all good at work! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. I hope you'll have your kitty a long while yet. It is as you say though - a natural part of having a pet. All you can do is to cherish the memories, and love them unconditionally while you still have them.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful shot, the scarf looks looks fab against the coat fabric. Sorry about the cat, their passing can leave large holes in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another nice product shot which is fun to watch. Lots of detail presented in a clean way -- use this for any article about sewing or knitting and you'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice and simple, but very effective. Sorry to hear about your loss, it's always so hard to lose a family pet, they really are part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe simple, but it worked out great. You have an excellent eye and the bit of color from the scarf just makes it very lovely too!

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...