Sunday, September 8, 2019

Day 8 - Light Show

We didn't know it before coming to Amiens, but the Cathedral becomes even more spectacular at night. When we heard there was a light show on I knew I couldn't miss it. It was truly an experience and I must have snapped a hundred pictures that evening. These are some of my favorites. I couldn't pick just one, so I made a collage.

After the show, they left the top middle lighting going and we were allowed to walk around and look at it up close. It really made a lot of difference, seeing everything all lit up in different colors and I started to notice a whole lot of details I would never had seen otherwise. The lighting was really masterfully done, matching the details of the building perfectly so that you could see what the figurines were carrying in their hands or the different styles of clothing they were wearing.

What picture is your favorite?

/MrsHjort

12 comments:

  1. If I HAVE TO pick one, I guess it would be the one with the suns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice one. It looked really cool live, like fireworks :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! Amazing lighting effects! Hard to pick a favorite, but I'm going to go with #1 because it has a nice contrast between the old architectural style of the building and a very contemporary lighting effect. :) Hope your arm/shoulder will feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. I like that one and the one in the middle the most. I have a hard time deciding between the two.

      Delete
  3. he top middle and bottom right for me. It must have been amazing to watch. Hope you are better soon and don't over work your shoulder/arm :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope so too. It's an issue of medication and an ongoing investigation into my health. I've contacted my chief physician today to see if things cannot be moved up slightly. If only I can change back to my old medication things will look up, but I can't change back until certain things have gotten done.

      Delete
  4. Such a spectacular treat, no wonder you couldn't pick just one! What a wonderful display. MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's an evening I will never forget. It was magical!

      Delete
  5. I love how the lightlines show the math of the construction and highlights part of the decorations. There is only one that I don't like, the top right rainbow distracts to much from what it wants to highlight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's my least favorite too. I like the colors, but it's a bit out there :)

      Delete
  6. What an amazing light show! I can see how each one would bring out something different about the building.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazing experience, I'll never forget it :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...