Thursday, November 19, 2015

Day 19 - Bus Stop

This day has been that kind of day when you ask yourself "what more could possibly go wrong" and then yet another thing does...

First off was the coffee vendor at work. It broke down just in time for breakfast and, since I was in charge of "fika" today, I had to run out to buy coffee for the regular coffee maker. On my way to the store, my boots died! The heel of the left one just came straight off! And totally without warning too! I just took another regular step and crack! Off it went! So, I have been walking on tippy toes with one foot and regularly with my other one all day long.

The death of my boots also meant that I could not do the shot I had planned today - since it involved a bit of walking to get to the right place. So, I had to do the shot after work instead, after a stop by my house to change shoes, and that meant shooting after dark. As I got home, I deiced to try out my brand new one legged camera stand. It turned out to be a bad decision though, because it was so cold it was hard to hold it straight (I was shivering), and all shots ended up more or less blurry. Well, at least I got something in today. But ugh! Some days things are just not meant to be! Maybe I should just go to bed now and be done with it...

Sorry for whining, but it's just been one of those days today

/MrsHjort

12 comments:

  1. I had one of those days a few weeks ago, and it was before morning tea time that I felt I should just go home and get to bed. If you lasted all the way till night time and still got an interesting shot like this in (blurred or not), then it is DEFinitely time you went to bed. Get a hot cocoa and take a good book to bed!

    But apart from that, I do like the jaunty angle and the way the different bus stops and shops all glow in the night. Having a character waiting for the bus was an added bonus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you're very kind to say so. The person "waiting" is Mr, leave it to him to save my day :)

      Delete
    2. But now he has something to hang over your head - :)

      Delete
  2. Just watching the picture gave me the impression that you weren't too happy with this shot. Reading the log everthing became clear to me. However, even when it is blurred and not exactly what you intended, it's one of the strongest pictures in your November series. It has a feeling to it, not a clean and 100% problem free product shot, as so many people try to create. I sure hope sleeping this ordeal over helped you to get into a better mood for photography :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm very glad you like it. As you imply, I think the overall gloom of that day colored my reaction to it. Yesterday was, after all, one disaster after another, and in hindsight I like it more than I did back when I first edited it. Though I still wish it was sharper haha ;)

      Delete
  3. Great melancholy mood that tells a story about autumn nights and scandinavian tv series.
    I think the blurryness fits the mood of the shot but unfortunately we have been conditioned in worth contests to dispise blur in general.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it looks cold, and dreary... waiting to go somewhere...who knows where, but not here :) Thank you Mr... see he does have patience just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The photo gives the same sort of dreary mood that your day seemed to be! Hopefully tomorrow was better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to have the bright flashes of lights to break up the dreariness, and how good that Mr was there for you.
    PS I am still upset about your boots :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've haven't had the chance to take them to the boot-vet yet, but I will :)

      Delete
  7. Ahem? do you mean the boots that were just posted yesterday, already died? i'm late to posting and maybe I've posted in the wrong order and the pic I saw were new ones.
    Anyways, Glad you got a good pic and as for having a crappy day; I totally understand how it feels, believe me. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's what happened. They're not exactly brand new though, despite hot they may look. Though they should definitely have lasted longer. I will take them to the boot-doctor though, and we'll see if they can be revived haha.

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...