Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Day 25 - Shadow

I had been thinking of doing this shot all day, but when I got home Mr wasn't in the mood at all. "Oh come on, whyyyyyy?", was his response as I told him of my idea, and I soon gave up om coaxing him into being my model - he just hates when people take his picture and he avoids it at all costs.

Instead, I shot various small things lit from the side with a torchlight. I even tried doing this sort of thing with myself as a model, but I soon gave up because I just couldn't get the focus right by myself. It was just too frustrating this late in the evening, with my stomach roaring for food.

As I looked at the fruits of my work on my monitor, I felt very discouraged. None of the shots were up to my standard... What was I to do? "Alright then!" The sound or Mr's voice was music to my ears and thus I got my shot in the end. Leave it to him to save the day!

Thank you Mr, you are simply the best :D

/MrsHjort

11 comments:

  1. And he is even hiding his fangs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This certainly looks ominous and you nailed it with the mood. Good work!

    Sometimes, these guys of ours are sent to try us. But it's good he cooperated in the end. I can usually coerce my man too, but I have to work fast, and can't mess about because his patience is not for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diabolic to say the least. Somehow I don't wonder why he doesn't want his picture taken :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really creepy and atmospheric. The eyes really add the extra element of spooky.

    What is the green-thing in the top part? At first I thought it was mistletoe, but I think not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Haha, that's his hair! Boy will he laugh when I tell him you mistook it for mistletoe!

      Delete
    2. Oh dear, I see that now. I blame the fact Christmas season is baring down on us.

      Delete
  5. And, he has the "best" beautiful blue eyes, even if he doesn't want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very creepy, lucky you that he changed his mind to help you out. Amazing how shadows can change the looks of a person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw this on facebook. Great lighting, really is scary looking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very unusual and dramatic portrait and not something you could do on your own. Looks like a character in stage show, his eyes look amazing and the whole effect rather scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, it is rather unlike Mr haha. He's usually the least scary guy you'll find :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...