Thursday, November 26, 2015

Day 26 - Night

It seems like it always dark this time of year. Here, up north, the sun is down as I go to work, and it's down when I get home again. Winter makes me feel like a bat, or some other nocturnal creature. It's really quite depressing. I even take extra vitamin D because of the lack of daylight...

December always makes things a bit brighter and happier though. I love it when people start hanging stars in their windows and decorate their gardens with lights. It makes every house look cozy and it brings the promise of Christmas. Even the cold feels just a tad bit warmer when you're surrounded by beauty. The best thing is when we've decorated our Christmas tree. Nothing beats coming home to the pitter patter of cat feet and the twinkling lights of of the tree, decorated "American style" with a gazillion colorful Christmas balls. That's a magical feeling :)

/MrsHjort

8 comments:

  1. Very appropriate for the word, and I like the composition a lot. I agree about the light. I came home at lunchtime today and realised just how long it has been since I saw my house in daylight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only time I have seen these before was in our local old town. Somehow I thought there were of Mexican origin... I guess not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely starry shot, and I like the hint of blue bokeh in the background to just lift the shot from being monotone yellow. Love all those holes of light and the cropped subject in top left. Great offset composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a few more weeks and daylight will start increasing again.
    The bokeh in the background could very well represent a moon hiding behind the star. Beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and so Swedish. I want to go to Ikea now to get one, too bad it's 350 miles away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty sparkling star in the moonlight :-) I don't envy you the long dark winter days. I think we are hard done by when it is dark just after 5pm, and light again around 7.30, but Christmas would be more exciting when it is held in winter and you have the lights to life the spirits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the only time when the darkness and cold is okay, or cozy even. It should be like that, but only that one week a year, between Christmas and New Years haha

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...