Monday, November 30, 2015

Day 30 - Newspaper

Sorry, no story about newspapers this time - there's simply too much else to say ;).

So! It's finally arrived! The final day of the 30-day challenge is here! Like always, it's a bitter-sweet moment. It's a bit of a relief that it's over - I won't have to plan a specific shot each day anymore. Surprisingly (not) carrying the camera around everywhere can be a bit of a nuisance, not to mention the times the battery has died on me (one of them being today), which has been very irritating to say the least. And I can live without the embarrassing shots of bus-stops as people walk by thinking I'm crazy! Also, no more cases of "camera-eye" (fucuseyeus stangeis) or "trigger-finger-itis" (itchyis spasmus), fellow photographers, you know what I mean!

However, I also love the challenges! I'ts such a great opportunity to get to know the wonderful people who play, and see their awesome shots each day. I've seen so many beautiful shots that make me think and break my own habits, and it's been such a joy to see people develop and breaking barriers of their own.

Another great thing is the comments I have received. They have been such a silver lining to every day (not cloud). Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for taking the time to stop by and sharing your thoughts. You're the reason why W1K is a great place to be and I hope we'll keep in touch :).

Also, thank you to all you other visitors who have stopped by to take a gander each day. Seeing the stats map of all the people who come here, from all over the world, is just sooo cool! I hope I'll see you around here too! And feel free to drop me a line whenever :)

Finally I want to say congratulations to everyone who made it, and well done to those who tried! It's been an amazing challenge this time! You're all winners in my book!

Cheers!

/MrsHjort

11 comments:

  1. A simple and gentle end to your challenge. The diagonals work well, but I wish there was something of note to look at.

    A very heartfelt congratulations for finishing the challenge. It's a long slog after a whole month, and you did well to shoot and post every day! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to you too. You're portfolio is amazingly good, as expected :). It has been such a pleasure seeing your take on the theme. Impressive how you managed to find textures to fit everything.

      Thank you again for all the thoughtful comments you left here. I appreciate each and very one of them. As you said, they really help getting one through all those 30 days :)

      Delete
  2. Hmmm.. a rolled up newspaper, and you don't have a dog? What did the Mr. do wrong (ha - just kidding)? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, thank you for stopping by Sarge. Love having you here :)

      Delete
  3. Natalie, I'm so sorry for commenting so late but want to congratulate you on all your lovely images. I won't be opting in to the new Worth but I hope to remain your friend through facebook and your blog. Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Maggie, I'm so glad to be able to call you my friend, of course we'll keep in touch! That's a no-brainier.

      I'm sorry to hear you wont be coming with us. I'll try it myself, see how it develops and take the decision later. I hope for the best, but prepare for the worst - it's a good philosophy I've found.

      Thank you again for stopping by and sharing your thoughts. I know how busy you are and I feel honored that you choose to spend your precious spare time writing to me. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

      Hugs :D

      Delete
  4. I sort of share your bitter-sweet feelings about the moment, although this time the challenge didn't feel as consuming as previous challenges. I didn't know ths would become the last challenge on W1k, and I'm sort of glad I joined. I think I'll give the new W1k a try -- it's about people, not about servers. Have a great time, and looking forward to seeing more from you.


    PS.: Robert nailed it, again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll do the same as you - give the new place a chance. Hopefully it will develop into something good. Like you say, the people will be more or less the same and that's the most important bit.

      Congratulations on finishing the challenge! I'm so impressed with your interpretations of each word. It can't have been east to find subjects each day, but you did, and then some. Amazing job!

      Also, thank you so much for commenting! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  5. Having the curves is a nice touch along with the splashes of colour. Congrats on finishing the 30 days and sharing your life and thoughts with us, you are a very entertaining writer.

    I will be giving the new site a go, and hopefully being more active than I currently am.

    Now to catch up on commenting on the images I have missed; your comments were much appreciated as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sarah. It makes me very happy you think so.

      Congratulations on finishing the challenge! It's been lovely seeing you phoneography each day. It's very impressive what you've achieved! It's not easy getting such great shots using only your phone, and I really like the way you've processed you photos. Well done!

      Thank you also. I always enjoy reading your comments :D

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...