Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Day 4 - Pottery

As I went hunting for pottery in my home today, I found out that I don't have much of it (not counting porcelain of course). In fact, I was so discouraged, I went to several stores after work to see if there was any nice looking pottery to buy, only to find out that A. all stores had more or less the same stuff, and B. none of it was to my taste. Things seemed bleak... I couldn't shoot the tea pot again - I've done that before and it would be boring, neither would my plates do - too boring, nor my vase - too boooring!

That was when I remembered these little jewels, and bippety boppety boo, today's shot ended up featuring my living-room. Even the bad lighting ended up being a good thing - because that's why I decided to get down on the floor to steady my camera. Necessity really is the mother of invention haha ;)

/MrsHjort

6 comments:

  1. I love the low perspective. Great colours in those flowers, and the way that whole arrangement is hiding between the other furniture makes it very natural. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny how we stop noticing things. I am glad you finally saw these and love the perspective you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how sometimes we look all over for the perfect shot and it's sitting right under our nose the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, talk about right under my nose - I didn't even have to move anything, it all sat there, waiting for me to shoot it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot, Natalie, and great idea to get down on the floor. Love your cabinet too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a nice set of pottery. Good choice to get that low point of view.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...