Friday, January 16, 2015

Idle Winter Walks

So... it took me a while to do this. I promised to go out shooting a while back, and well, what can I say... Winter break became just that for me. I haven't been that lazy for a long time, which has been really nice! After that I went back to work again, but I fell ill for a week, and let me tell you, I haven't felt that ill for long time either. Then came a really busy week catching up, and now I'm finally ready to write a few lines, which, of course, isn't that hard or time consuming when I think about it.

It's kind of silly really, I mean, I shot these weeks ago but I guess I got the writer's cramp, if there is such a thing. Or maybe that's just an excuse and it's just pure idleness... So here I am, writing a more rambling post then I've done in a long time, about nothing. Haha, I should probably remedy that.

Okay, so about that walk... We live quite colse to a creek. Mr and I have a lot of inside jokes about that creek. you see, it's in the middle of town, but the green area it's in has never been well looked after, or managed in any thought through manner what so ever. Basically, it's more of a swamp than a creek. Anyway, the inside joke is that the reason for the municipality's idleness is that there is some kind of endangered creeper living there, like "the fuzzy legged swamp fly", or "the foul smelling snot beetle". I know, I know, we're pretty nerdy, but hey, why keep on wasting a lovely area like that? It could be a lovely park if they just did something about it.

For comparison, I can tell you that the municipality built a culture center a few years back, even though we already have those, in abundance! In fact, some have even been closed down! This new one cost the tax payers several hundred million crowns to build (not including redevelopments due to bad projections), and it has never even brought any profit (quite the opposite in fact)! Things like that really grinds my gears. Getting the creek cleaned up would have been both less expensive, and it would have made a lot more people happier. But hey, lets let those "flappy winged stink gnats" live in peace.

/MrsHjort

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...