Monday, February 9, 2015

Little Birdie

I know it's been a while now. I have had the misfortune of getting the flu, and let me tell you, it's been worse this year than it has been for a long long time - I've been completely out for about 6 days, and today is the first day that I've been able to function relatively normally again. So, alas, there's a lot of catching up to do, both here and at work. Luckily I have a week off though, so I might actually get caught up, if I can find the discipline that is haha. (yeah, yeah, I know, I know, I probably will, that's both my blessing, and my curse).

Having had to stay indoors for a while now, I have to confess I'm really aching for some out doors time with my camera. No amount of watching sci-fi or playing Dragon Age can make up for the thrill of shooting. Now, if only my scratchy throat will get better I might actually take a stroll. But for now this photo will have to do.

I shot this about a year ago, but I haven't known what to do with it in post-ed until now. It was very grey to start with and I just couldn't make it interesting enough - when manipulating the levels, the sky somehow always turned out too bright. Today it hit me though - why not embrace the sky's hopelessness and really overdo the highlights instead? So I turned this originally very grey photo into a high key shot instead. I hope you like it :)

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. Natalie,
    I'm sorry you were ill. I know you are having milder winter this year and those always seem to be the years where the flu is strongest. Here it is almost too cold to be sick ... several days of colder than -40C. Crazy, crazy cold.

    I always want to thank you for all the comments you came and left on my 31 day challenge. It was such an unexpected surprise. Thank you so much.

    I like that you go through old photos taken in the past and see if you can pull something out of them. I do that sometimes... photos that I have kept because I could see potential but maybe didn't find what I should do with them.

    I hope you are feeling better by the time this comment gets read.
    ((hugs))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm all better now. A trip to the doctor has finally taken care of that pesky flu.

    -40C!? I can't even imagine how cold that must be! I hope you don't have to go out into that cold weather much. If it was possible, I'd send some of our mild winds to you.

    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...