Sunday, April 19, 2015

At the Football Field

This Saturday I was back in the game, shooting the first football match of the year. The last time I went shooting a game was only practice, both for me, and for the players. This time it was for real, and one could smell the excitement in the air. The teams really went all in, emotions were heated, and the audience was lively.

"Are you from the newspaper?" an elderly man asked me, as I snapped away with my happy trigger finger. "Or perhaps you are from TV?" he jested. People tend to get curious when I bring my camera out in public, it's one of the fun things about it. People often ask me about my gear and comment on what I'm shooting. "Nope, I'm just a hired amateur, shooting a friend" I answered.

Last time I shot a game, I switched lenses after halftime. However, since the macro lens turned out to be the better of the two for this particular motif, I didn't bother this time. The risk of motion blur is preferable to the limited zooming capability of my other lens. I love being able to get up close to the action from a distance, and thankfully it did its job well.

So, how went the game you may wonder? It ended 1 - 0, and my friend won, scoring the winning goal himself. Congratulations Nimmers, great showing!

/MrsHjort


2 comments:

  1. Wow, I posted a comment here yesterday and although I was sure it registered, I see no comment here.. .oh well.. I'll redo.

    Natalie, I just wanted to say you did a great job.. fantastic photos and how fortunate that your friend also scored the winning goal. I guess you also brought luck to the team.

    All the best, Maggie :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie :). I have to say, I've never enjoyed watching a football game this much before, it's a lot of fun watching it through the lens of a camera.

      Cheers

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...