Monday, May 4, 2015

Beautiful May

So, May is here, and the trees are blooming! This is one of my favorite times of the year, even more so now than before! Because, you see, this year is the vary first year that our garden has been "finished" (if there ever is such a word when talking about gardens).

So, this year, I get to see all our hard work paying off, and one by one, the plants and seeds that I've cared for awake and blossom in all their splendor. I cannot halp myself, I'm positively giddy haha.

Who would have thought that I would become so involved in gardening!? Five years ago my main reason for not buying a house was gardening! I've always hated it with all my heart.  But now, things are very different... Maybe it's maturity finally catching up with me (yeah who are we kiddin' haha!) or maybe it's because this time it's actually my own garden (most likely!), and I get to decide everything for myself (that's what I'm talkin' about!) but now, I cannot help but keep myself away!

So happy spring to you, and happy gardening :)

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. Those blossoms sure are pretty. Such a nice pic.

    About gardening, I used to a lot - but then I found photography and I now seem to have no time to garden. Now, I'm finding it tedious to maintain and slowly see things disappearing because I'm not tending to them as before.

    Sorry about not stopping by as often as I should as you know I've been busy, but every once in a while when I have a bit of time, I promise to always stop by and see your wonderful photos! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie.

      I think it's in my blood haha. My mother has always loved gardening, and so did my grandmother :). I'm glad we share that interest now. We always take a stroll together through our gardens whenever we meet, just like my mother did with my grandmother when I was a kid. I love that :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...