Saturday, November 21, 2015

Day 21 - Souvenir

As some of you know, Mr and I got married in Thailand, and for that reason everything Thai has always had a special place in out hearts. Our favorite restaurant is Thai, we make a lot of Thai food, there are many Thai knickknacks in our house and we have been known to listen to Thai music now and again.

This is one of my favorite souvenirs, though it's actually more of a piece of art. You'll fine this woodcarving in our living room, hanging next to the cabinet I shot back in day 4. It was one of those things I fell in love with at first sight. Mostly because it reminds me of that magical little resort where we got married. They had lots of pretty woodcarving there :)

/MrsHjort

10 comments:

  1. Pretty (and fits a square shot nicely)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One can see your affection for Thailand -- or Siam, as it was named long ago. What does your cat look like? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I have three of them. You've already seen one of them back in day 6, and you can find all of them if you look through my entries on W1K :)

      Delete
  3. A great art piece. I collect ornamental elephants and have a particularly soft spot for them. Lovely lighting to show it off best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful craftsmanship to create this kind of decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely lit to bring out all the color and texture in the wood. A nice souvenir!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! I like sentimental pieces like that. Clint and I are slowly collecting some of those sorts of pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very nice piece, and well photographed as expected. A wonderful souvenir of your travels and wedding in Thailand.
    I spent 8 hours at the new airport in Bangkok when it first opened in 2009, on the way to UK and back That is as close as I got though I do love Thai food and there are many Thai restaurants in NZ if you ever travel this far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy would I love to! If only I could convince Mr :). He dislikes being on a plane that long.

      Delete
  8. Such a lovely piece and you photographed it so well, showing us the depth and the grain of the wood. Love the designs with lotus flowers and swirls too. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...