Sunday, November 1, 2015

Day 1 - Grass

So! November has finally arrived! This month I will be following a list of words as my theme. The list was created using a random word generator and I think it makes things more interesting and challenging than simply shooting random stuff on a broader theme. So, the first word of the month is "Grass".

I had thought of doing a shot like this today, but unfortunately, nature didn't provide - it was both dry and cloudy. However, nothing can stop a trigger happy girl with an itchy index finger, and thus I thought - "If you can't make it, fake it". And so, my neighbors ought to have been a bit surprised by seeing me today, with a spray-bottle in my hand and my backside in the air as I was crawling around right in the middle of my lawn haha. I hope you like it :)

/MrsHjort

10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a simply beautiful start to your month of photos! Love the droplets and the diagonal composition works a treat! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Natallie. Almost looks like a summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It never occured to me that you helped naure with the spray bottle! The light is quite beautiful and the shallow depth works nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks to be 'made by nature' to me, lovely simple and effective start to your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, I'm so glad you all like it :).

    I've never tried "faking it" before, so I was positively surprised by how natural it looked. I prefer the real thing though. There's nothing like discovering the beauty of nature, right there, in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't have picked that you faked it - it looks lovely! I love that the background leaves have the droplets as well - it creates a lovely background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photograph! I love the high key in the distance and the spray bottle should be a tool in everyones kit. (as well as some sheets of colored and white and black paper) The only critique I might have, and I am not sure about it yet is the one strand that is darker than the rest and is more vertical which makes it more of the focus of the image and I am not sure if it should be. Great work, looking forward to more of the same throughout the month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm not 100 % in that blade of grass myself haha, but I liked the way the drops glistened, so I kept it in rather that cropped it out :)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful image, it looks completely natural. As long as you don't freeze or sedate insects spraying a few drops of water are just a smart way of solving a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I'd already commented on this, but apparently not.
    I love this shot, and I love that you triumphed over the fickle-ness of nature. The bokeh drops in the background make it in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...