Thursday, October 29, 2015

Vistas of Madeira



I never sease to be amazed by the dramatic beauty of Madeira. It makes my heart sing. I wonder if you could ever grow immune to it, if you lived there. I'm guessing; no! My home is situated in a relatively flat area in comparison, and yet, I find myself marveling at the view quite often. Every landscape has it's own charm I guess, no matter where you are. Though, I've always preferred mountains and lush green hills. That's part of why Mr and I keep returning to Madeira I think.

One of the other reasons we keep coming back is the wine. Madeira wine is quite unique in taste and ranges from rich (sweet) to dry. If you're ever on the island, make sure you taste a Bolo do Mel de Cana (a sweet kake). It should be accompanied with a rich Madeira wine, and it's an excellent way to end the evening.

Speaking of ends, as this month draws to a close, I'm getting more and more exited about the next. You see, next month the 30-day challenge is on again. I missed it last time, due to workload, but now I finally have the time to do it. I'll be shooting each day, and you'll see my top pick here, every day. Fun fun fun! I love how the intense shooting gets your creative juices flowing. The previous challenges have really helped me develop as a photographer, and, they've been a lot of fun too. I can't wait :)

So, see you Sunday for my first post.

Cheers

/MrsHjort

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...