Friday, June 1, 2018

Day 1 - Poppy

So, It's finally time to start a brand new 30 day Challenge on DaggerBay, and thus I'm blowing life into my old blog again.

First off I want to jot down a few explanatory words to tell you why you haven't seen a lot of me lately. Those of you who know me in person may already know, but this past year has been quite hard on me. Basically I've been dealing with health problems. Without going into too many details, it has meant cutting back on many things, including my participation on DaggerBay. So my blog has been very quiet these past months. My condition has been having a big impact on my day to day life, and it is only recently that things have started to turn around for me. I've finally arrived at the top of the list to see the medical experts that can help me, and I have finally gotten some medicine that helps. I'm so glad to finally have enough energy to get my creative juices flowing again and I look forward to doing this challenge with all of the amazing photographers that have chosen to join me. Just to say though, however happy I am to be able to do the challenge, this past year I've learned never to take anything for granted, so, even though I'm (knock on wood) feeling better at this moment, things may change, and I may need to take a step back again. Cross your fingers for me!

With my current condition in mind, my month's theme will be quite simple - things found in my garden. This shot is my second experiment with a 10+ close-up lens filter. It enables me to get much closer to my subjects but has the drawback of limiting me to a very narrow depth of field. The result is quite dreamy, don't you think? :)

/MrsHjort

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful dreamy mood. It so hard to get the right part in focus but you nailed it. I love the colours. Great start of the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry to hear about your health issues, Natalie, and I am thrilled that you are coming out the other side and feeling so much better. IF you are contemplating a 30-day challenge, you must be really swinging!
    And what a way to start it! I just love shallow DOF, and the result in this one is so dreamy and so beautiful! Sweet! What a great start to your shooting month!

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...