Thursday, December 4, 2014

Blanket Flower - November's Citrine

I was pleasantly surprised by how well this picture did in the monthly competition. I shot it early this month - so that I could be sure to get a both a pretty flower (they're wilting away) and acceptable lighting (it is really dark here now).

It's not my favorite out of the set, but good enough, and I didn't have the opportunity to shoot something else this month. The end of the school term is a very busy time for me - there are loads of assessments to correct, grades to set and meetings to go to. And so I had to "make due".

It's funny how some pictures do better than you expect, and some do worse. For example, I like last months shot more than this one, and yet its average score was lower... But hey, that's the fun of competing - you never know what will happen :)

Now I just hope I can find a flower to shoot this month... Wish me good luck!

/MrsHjort

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...