Thursday, May 7, 2015

Life is Beauty

... or some other cryptic heading haha (silly Facebook must be rubbing off on me). Sorry, but it seemed to fit the photo :). Well anyway, for those of you who have been following me, are wondering or are just curious, I really like where I am at right now. I've recently changed careers - from school teacher to... ehm, I'm not really sure how to describe my new job (it's quite unique) but it's a desk job, and it has to do with law, news and court records. I've worked with this before, at the same company, and it's still great!

Well, as I was saying, I really like it. Don't get me wrong though, I really loved teaching too, however, this new job has proven to be better for me - when it comes to health. It's been said now and again in Swedish media (and I'm sure it's not unique to my country) that teaching is one of the most stressful and demanding professions of all. Since I am a bit too ambitious for my own good (I'm a bit of a workaholic), and tend to get a bit too involved with what I do, it has became too big for me at times, which affected my sleep a lot.

So, for the reasons mentioned, I jumped at the chance of this new job, which offered better hours, less stress, better chances of advancement, and a significant salary increase (plus, it's fun too)! So however sorry I am to leave teaching, I have to say that this has been really good for me. Though I have to admit, I do miss my students, the thrill of teaching and all the good times we had.

So, to all of my old colleagues, thank you for the memories, the laughs and the tears. It's been a pleasure! And to all of my new colleagues, thank you for welcoming me back, I'm so glad to be with you again, and I'll see you tomorrow :)

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty photograph... so fresh and springlike!

    I'm glad that you are enjoying your new job. I know there was a lot of push and pull as you wanted to leave but felt bad because you did love teaching.

    Most important, though, is your health and stress really is harsh on a person. I know, as I'm the kind of person that hold it all in and when I got divorced several years ago - the stress just put me over the edge. I wasn't sleeping, started to bleed from my stomach and ended in hospital for a week and 4 blood transfusions. So, yes, however much you miss your students, take care of yourself first. Heck, you can go to the school once a year and talk with your fellow teachers and spend some time with the kids.

    I'm glad that you also are blogging. I have been so busy posting stuff and working on social networking that I haven't gotten back to my blog yet, but I just checked Worth out and last post in the photo threads is 5 day ago. Nice to have a place to visit a friend.

    All the best, I'll be back
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that Maggie. That must have been really hard for you, I can't even imagine. I hope you are feeling better now, and that there is less stress in your life. I used to have a lot of trouble with my stomach too before - when I was teaching. Every morning I'd wake up super duper early with a crampy achy stomach (hence the sleep problems), but now that's a thing of the past :).

      I miss your blogging, I loved reading your blog when you did the 30-day challenge and your photos are so amazing. But life can be really busy sometimes, and then you should only do what is needed, and what you feel like :)

      I'm so glad that we've "met", it's wonderful having such a nice friend in Canada :). One certainly meet so many cool people at W1K.

      Take care of yourself
      Natalie

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...