Monday, August 17, 2015

Rugged Around the Edges



This is one of those pictures that really breaks from what I usually like to shoot. I'm really more of a nature photographer, or someone that likes nice clean shots, but sometimes I'm drawn to subjects like this. The ruggedness and the reflections just took me in, and all those lines and circles were very interesting to me.

When shoot similar subjects I like to go with with diagonals - they usually make for an interesting composition, but non-level water always looks strange. So, therefore, I broke with my habits a second time and shot it straight.

Thirdly, I very seldom go with blue, I really don't know why, but I've always been drawn to warm colors. So, here we have a rugged, level, blue shot, as far from my usual style you can get, but hey, sometimes it's nice to break with your habits. Maybe I'll try to do something like that for the next 30-day challenge.... Hmmmm, that's an interesting thought!

What do you usually avoid shooting?

/MrsHjort

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...