Sunday, August 2, 2015

10 Pictures of One Subject Challenge


Having scored the most points on both my entries on last week's challenge, I got to choose the new one for this weekend. So, this time it's 10 shots of one small subject, which really gets you thinking about angles and composition. Fun fun fun!

So, I chose my teapot as my subject. I love its design and its different surfaces, it makes for an interesting theme. So, I sat it down on the kitchen counter and turned it around... a lot! I got down on my knees and I stood on a chair, I zoomed in and out, and I twisted my body into many uncomfortable positions haha, and in the end, I got my 10 unique shots.

This exercise reminded me very much of when I did the 30-day challenge a year and a half ago. The hunt for abstracts was very rewarding and it made me look upon the world with new eyes. I can still find myself looking for lines and harmonic shapes throughout the days sometimes and I sometimes stop for a minute or two to appreciate the beauty of the world around me. I love that photography has brought me that!

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. Great story and a lovely selection of shots. I love the high key subject and the way the wooden stopper matches the tabletop. Great angles and viewpoints and a lovely outcome in the combined poster. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...