Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Chasing the Action

A few weeks ago, I once again had the pleasure of shooting my ex-colleague at a football game. This was the third time, and I must say that I am growing more and more comfortable with shooting action.

The first time I was an eager beaver! I, literary, watched the game through my lens, snapping all the way through. I'f you've ever done such an intense session, you'll know what I'm talking about when I tell you that I developed a severe case of "Camera Eye" haha. It took... maybe a half an hour before my vision was back to normal.

The second time was easier, I was more used to the way of thinking and composing. The first time, I had pretty much followed my friend, throughout the game, the second time I followed the ball. That way I got more interesting shots in general, and the number of shots with my ex-coworker in them were the same.

The first time had been a try-out for lenses as well. I had brought two of them with me; my trusty Nikon 18-105 mm lens, and my fairly new Sigma 70-300 mm macro lens. It turned out the Sigma was vastly superior. I got much closer to the action, with no drawbacks.

This third time was the first time I had a clue about what was going on around me - I was experienced enough to know when the real good shots were coming up, and that way, I could enjoy the game itself as well. I actually knew the score this time haha! I was way to distracted and busy before.

An other bonus was, that this time, the game was set on real grass! That made for prettier green colors and less glare. However, the sun was a bit of a problem. The contrasts turned out quite pronounced and left me with quite a bit of tinkering in post-ed. If only I could do HDR shots haha! That would really be
something :)

/MrsHjort

4 comments:

  1. I like the contre jour of those pictures Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the line up of shadows in the third one. Good on you for sticking with it and learning as you go.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...