Thursday, September 10, 2015

Solitude - doing the grunge


Originally, this picture had a lot more color. But the old wicket really didn't fit in with the happy colors. It's not often that I find subjects like this interesting, but this... this worn and weathered gate, in the middle of nowhere, with no fence to justify its position, really caught my eye. A piece of the past, persisting in spite of the ware and tare. With no purpose what so ever anymore, but to remind us of its long since past glory days. It seems I'm waxing nostalgic haha. Maybe because we're currently in the process of making new stuff look old for the wine cellar we're building here at home.

So, as I said, the grungy feel of this photo really didn't fit the wonderful lime green grass. And, so, I've done something so unusual (at least when it comes to me) as desaturating and darkening a colorful photo. The gloom fits it much better though, and as a matter of fact, it even made Mr go "Oooooh, that's a nice looking photo, did you shoot it?". Awww! Dear Mr! He's just too sweet sometimes ;)

/MrsHjort

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...