Tuesday, February 2, 2016

07:52 - Task List

Yes, this is how I always arrange the windows on my work computer. I'm super pedantic when it comes to where things go. I actually cringe when somebody comes over and alters the size of my different windows! The reason is that I usually use a lot of different stuff during a workday, and if it's not arranged in this particular way, it just doesn't work for me.

Okay, I use... three different browsers, and two, no three different text formatting programs and one text reading program. I also like to have at least three different folders open at any time, and my mailbox (not counting the web-based one). And I have to have things arranged so that I can access the most important shortcuts on my desk at any given time. Oh, and did I mention that I have two monitors? I'm really not crazy, it's just that my job is crazy sometimes and organizing really helps. Don't get me wrong though, I absolutely love it all :D.

/MrsHjort


10 comments:

  1. And I bet if you took a picture of the whole thing, we would swear we saw it before on the bridge of the Enterprise? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that DOES look super organised. I have an electronic calendar, but that's about as far as it goes. I still make my to-do lists on paper, because there is nothing more satisfying than crossing out the items as they get done. I like the off-kilter tilt of this one and the colour palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a written list as well. The Electronic one is long term and the one on paper is for stuff I do during the week :). I enjoy crossing things out as well, the best thing is when I throw it away on Fridays, confident that all deadlines have been met.

      Delete
  3. Very classy to do list and shot elegantly.
    I'm a paper list slash crosser myself, sometimes I even divide the housechores in separate subchores so I can strike more out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work ... and an interesting OCD story to go with it Mrs Hjort ;) Try Trello for task lists... my paper list are gone now ...and satisfaction of 'done' list is great Kimbomac ... just need to convince the techno-straggler to use also :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uhoh, busted! Though "I'm not crazy" it like the crazy persons motto right ;P

      Delete
  5. I haven't graduated to a cell to do list... but the one that takes the cake is son and daughter in law, that can dictate their list to their fancy gadget that resides in the kitchen. It also answers their questions... quite fancy. You certainly do appear organized, and up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as Dagger Bay takes centre stage...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This isn't long after the time of yesterdays traffic, and here you are all organized and ready to work.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...