Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Day 13, 14 and 15 - The View


Sorry again, it's been... I guess "hard" is the right word... these past few days and I haven't had the time or energy to do my daily shots. Like I said when I started this; I've been on medication during our trip. Coming home I had to taper it down, since my doctors don't want me on it, and as a good compliant patient I tried my hardest to do so...

Going to Rome and realizing what I am supposed to feel like - having the energy I used to have before I got sick, being able to take walks again etcetera... spoiled me... is that the right word? I don't know... I don't really have a word for it but tapering back down to zero meds became extremely hard once I had a reference to what I should feel like. My health has declined so slowly over so long a time I hadn't really noticed how bad it had gotten. Going from being an ordinary person, to a person that feels super tired and confused all the time no matter how much I sleep, to being short of breath again, to having aching joints and super dry skin... I just couldn't... how could anyone? When you know that one little pill can make you feel so much better?

Anyway I contacted my doctor and he made me promise to try to go back to a minimal dose, so that's what I've been trying to do these past weeks, but it just didn't do it for me. I felt a tad better than before, sure, but feeling a tad less like something the cat dragged in is was way short of being on an acceptable level. Yesterday I gave up and went back up a dose, and now I feel like a human being again. A wonderful feeling, something you only understand if you've been chronically ill yourself. A healthy person can endure much when they fall ill because they know that it will pass, but imagine it being never ending... Anyway, I just wanted to explain why I've been missing a few days lately, and wow did it turn out way longer than I planned...

So... these shots are of the view from Terrazza delle Quadrighe. In the first picture you'll see the roof of the Panteon, and behind it to the right the Supreme Court. The second picture shows the Roman Forum and the third is of the Colosseum of course.

You also get a bonus shot today. It's of a seagull that landed right on top of the telescope that Mr was looking through. He I didn't even realize it was sitting there until I told him to look up haha. Boy did he freak out! I didn't get a shot of it actually sitting there though, that would have been too funny. 

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. Shame you didn't keep shooting to catch Mr. jumping. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He looked so funny when he looked up. "YIKES!" Haha

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...