Thursday, May 2, 2019

Day 1 and 2 - Welcome to Rome!

Oops! I totally forgot that I was gonna start yesterday, so I'll post two shots today instead. :)

To start off, some of you know I have some health Issues - I'm undiagnosed but I've had some kind of chronic condition for two years now. This trip was wonderful in many ways. I made sure to call my doctor before hand, and he let me go back on a medication that worked well before (I usually don't take it since I am undiagnosed and taking it slows down the progress of finding out what's up with me). So, that meant that I was able to cope with the physical strain that the trip involved (Rome is a place where you usually do a lot of walking) and have more energy in general. So, not only was it lovely to get to see so many lovely things, but I got to feel better than I have been feeling since what feels like an eternity, and it made me feel like me again, if that makes sense. But this isn't a cryfest, I'm not complaining and I'm not looking for sympathy. I want to celebrate life and share the beauty I found in Rome, so here goes.

Day 1: 

I thought you might want to have a look at the person behind the camera. This is me, with the Vatican in the background. Mr actually took the shot for me, so it's cheating a bit, but this isn't a formal challenge, I set up the camera for him and I did the editing... and besides that's the only way you'll get to see me anyway, unless I brought a tripod, but who wants to lug around that in Rome? Anyway... we wanted a silly emo picture where I started into the distance. A real cliche to poke fun at me to show to a coworker as an inside joke (we're silly like that, we did a similar thing with a picture of Mr in front of the Colosseum but I'll show you that one another day). It actually turned out quite nice though. As good as I'll get on camera anyway - I'm way more comfortable behind it haha.


Day 2

This is the view from our balcony with the Tiber in front and the city center in the background. A lovely tiny bed and breakfast with walking distance to the Rome highlights.


/MrsHjort

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...