Thursday, May 16, 2019

Day 16 - The Vatican


The Vatican... the world's smallest country... does it need an introduction? Not really I'd say. We went here on our second day. We had planned for it in advance and bought tickets to skip the long waiting lines and get a guided tour to the highlights of the Vatican Museum - a thing I highly recommend if you plan on going there (the lines were looooooong). You can get them on the official homepage for a modest fee, or buy them for considerably more from people who make a living off selling them on the street outside. If I had a nickel for every time someone tried their routine on us I'd afford a whole bundle of tickets. Must have been something I carried with me... hehe... my bulky DSLR wasn't exactly screaming local signorina. I'd never trade it for a compact camera though, but sometimes I wish it was more discreet.

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. Nice shot, except for the bottom. Might have been better to step back a bit (just looks strange with people's heads cut off - ha). :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There were actually even more heads there in the original shot (I cropped it). This area is flat, and the were a lot of people everywhere, so sadly no way to avoid the heads.

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...