Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Day 26, 27 and 28 - Fontana di Trevi

So, I missed a few days again. But don't worry, I'm fine! I am still doing well on my medication. It's just that I overexerted myself a bit one day, had to rest the next one and now I'm back! That's the thing you see, even on medication I have my limits but it's no way near as limiting as it used to be. It's simply that I went a bit overboard since I felt invincible one day and had to pay for it the next. That's just the way the cookie crumbles, but now at least I think we're getting close to a name. So many things have been crossed off my list that there are only so many things left that it could be and I'm growing more and more sure of which one of those things is my thing, and that's a great thing :).

This is the Trevi fountain, named after the district in which it is placed. It was designed by Nicola Salvi. Construction started in 1732 and it was finished after Nicloa's death by Panninni in 1762. The theme of the fountain is "the taming of waters" and it depicts the taming of sea horses, as you can see on the left in the middle pic.

This is another of my favorite places in Rome. I came here not expecting anything really. I'd heard the fountain was pretty but I had also heard that the crowds were pretty bad so I didn't expect to enjoy it really. I am one of those people who hates being in large groups of people. But the area around the fountain was not that bad, and the crowds were calmer than I expected. Lots of people sure, but people chilling out marveling at the beautiful pieces of art enjoying the sun. The fountain was more beautiful that I expected too... A wonderful spot to stop and just enjoy the view.

Mr couldn't leave the fountain without tossing in a coin. Actually he tossed several since I'm a picky photographer who want things a certain way. I'm so glad I managed to get this clean shot of him at just the right time. If you look closely, you'll see a "coin". That's fake though as I have no idea where the real one went. I edited in a replacement in post ed just for fun. It wasn't until right this moment, when I researched the fountain, that I learned he had tossed the coin the wrong way. You see, traditionally you're supposed to toss the coin with the right hand over the left shoulder. Oh well, it's the thought that counts and I still love the picture :)

/MrsHjort


2 comments:

  1. Hope they get you fixed soon now (finally). :(

    Oops, I thought he was getting ready to shoot Poseidon (groan - ha). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope so too. Though I've learned to be a patient patient these past years (groan) ;)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...