Thursday, November 6, 2014

First Snow

The first thing I noticed as I opened my eyes this morning was giant snowflakes falling outside my window. My initial thought was "Nooooooo! Why?" but as I stood up, I saw the beauty of the landscape...

It's strange how the fire in your heart can be awoken by a lovely view. I took a sick day today, and even though I feel kind of funny, and my head isn't quite screwed on properly (excuse the typos, I'm sure there are a lot of them today), my photography fingers awoke and started twitching with joy.

I love the view from our home, I know I've said it before, but I cannot help myself. These are shot from the attic window, with my  70-300 mm macro lens, using a tripod and remote. I love playing around with that lens. It's not as fast as my "all-around" 15-105 mm lens and it's kind of noisy, but I love the bokeh you get when you shoot macros with it, and the way you can zoom in and do landscape shots without loosing quality. I've been thinking of getting a telephoto lens for a while now... Any suggestions are welcome :)

/MrsHjort



2 comments:

  1. A very, very beautiful view, but love the snow...? No-no-nooooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No indeed! But hey, as long as you don't have to go outside you're alright ;)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...