Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tropical Nights

As the day's grow shorter, and colder, I long more and more for the tropics. This weekend Mr and I went to a museum with an artificial rain forest. I could not help but go "aaaaaaah" as I stepped inside and inhaled the warm humid air. I love environments like that, not only because of the lovely smells and pleasant memories that they bring back, but also because they're very healthy. Or, at least for me they are.

I grew up with asthma. During my teens it was particularly hard, and I just hated the winter - the cold would make it quite difficult for me. I guess my lungs have always bothered me in some way. Nowadays my asthma is gone - after a change of diet (no margarine) - but instead I get occasional chest pain as a result of three past lung-related "injuries". You see, I'm one of those genetic rarities who has the misfortune to be prone to spontaneous pneumothorax - collapse of the lung. It really sucks getting those sharp pains. As the winter comes, I get more and more paranoid as the temperature falls and my lungs sting with increasing frequency, and intensity...

It's been 4 years now, since my last relapse (knock on wood). Hopefully it's something I will not get again, and the pain is just something I have to live with. Gah! I sound like an old lady haha. Complaining about bad weather and aching limbs. But hey, that's life I guess. But enough with the rambling, now for bed, and pleasant dreams about warmer climates :)

Sleep tight!

/MrsHjort

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...