Monday, November 24, 2014

Page 394

Whenever I'm at work, having just finished going through new stuff in front of a class, when I get to the point when I tell the students to look up a page in the book and get to work, I always think of Snape!

You see, I have perfect sound memory, and for some reason, one of Snape's lines has burned itself into my memory. I can actually hear it as I write this; "Turn to page three hundred and ninety four!" (Harry Potter, the Prisoner of Azkaban)

This is how my mind works. Ever so often, when I hear a phrase, or when I am in a certain situation, I can remember certain sounds, with perfect clarity. Mr is the same, and I love that! During our years together we've developed our own inside humor. We very often think of the same sounds, look at each other, and chuckle. Like when one of us (Mr!) puts on clothes that one other one of us (me!) doesn't like, because they don't fit the occasion, we'll go "I'm not going to be wearing the shoes am I?!"  - a line from the Office (UK version). Or when one of us corrects the other, the sentence will end with "... my young Padawan" (Star Wars). Or, when one of us is late we'll go "A wizard is never late!" (Lord of the Rings).

So there you have it, I hope you've enjoyed today's random ramblings haha. Oh, and by the way, Mr is back now! Squeeeeeeee! :D

See you soon

/MrsHjort

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...