Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Devotion

I never get to shoot Mr, seriously, I don't, not for real. Oh, I'm not counting those times when he "lets" me. No matter what we try, he can't help but look totally awkward and tense. Have you've ever seen the episode of Friends where Chandler and Monica are taking an engagement picture? Well, that's exactly what it's like! So for me to actually get a good picture of Mr... it's a very rare thing indeed.

Shooting Mr, involves stealth and a lot of luck. Fortunately, I have a lens that lets me get in real close from quite a distance, which really helps in his case. That way I can catch him off guard, when he's relaxed and unaware. I shot this from 20 meters away, and I got really lucky! In my eyes it's one of those pictures that really defines him. It's a rare thing to succeed with that... just a picture of him, doing such an every day thing as watering our garden, but with the same care and devotion that he handles most things in life. Mr is a very caring man.

We've been together for 11 years now, and I'm still totally crazy about him. He told me recently that an acquaintance had asked him how long we had been a couple. When Mr told him, he said that he never would have guessed - we're still as addicted to each other as we was when we first met, and that is what I really love about us! It tells me, that no matter if 11 more years pass, or 22, or 33 for that matter, we'll still be the same, crazy about each other, just like a couple of teenagers.

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. Actually, just reading your last post about laying in the shade on a hot day reading comic books, I right away thought that you guys were such a great couple. I did not realize that it had been 11 years that you had been together. I can see how you think he is fabulous and that I'm sure he thinks the same of you.
    As for the shot, what a great framing with the water... unusual and it works.
    I understand about the posing thing. My neighbor has the most beautiful teenage daughter but she feels very timid in front of a camera and all her shots feel stilted. It's like she's trying too hard or something.
    Have a great summer, Natalie - you know how it goes for us northerners, it's over before it's actually begun most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yes, we have always been very happy together. I'm very fortunate to have him. It's weird when I think about that it's been eleven years since he picked me up that evening and we went bowling haha. It was a fun date. That's when you know you've got a keeper. But it's weird that so much time has passed, but at the same same time, it's hard imagining the time before I met him too.

    You have a great summer too Maggie, indeed, that's exactly how it is, and good luck with your photography enterprises :-)

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...