Thursday, July 16, 2015

Happy Summer Holidays

My, my my! Has it been so long? Almost a month since my last post? Time sure flies!

I've been really busy lately, not gaming though - I'm done now - but "photoshopping", and time really passes quickly when you're busy with BotS. Then there's the garden to take care of, and work of course, and we also have two house guests, furry ones. You see, my sister in law is away on a trip and we're taking care of her chinchillas. But alas, no pictures of them yet, if cats are quick, we need to coin a whole new word for those guys!

So, today, Lady Freya is my poster girl again. Two weeks ago the weather here was wonderful. The temperature was around 35 degrees C (which is really uncommon where I live), and Mr, I, Freya and our other cat Morris, would just lay in the shade, on a blanket in the grass, and read comics - that's the only thing we had the energy to do. Isn't it wonderful when nature provides the perfect excuse for you to be lazy? Those days were perfect!

Anyway, what's the perfect thing to do when you're bored with comics and need something else to occupy yourself with? That's right! To lazily lay in the grass with a camera! It makes for interesting low angle shots, and the furry subjects are too warm to jump out of your shots. All you have to do is snap away :).

Happy Holidays to you

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. She's such a beautiful cat too. Makes me laugh about the weather, ours has been up and down like crazy. Like you, in the 30s and in the same week, it went down to 4! No wonder we always talk about the weather. :-)
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, nothing like complaining about the weather if you're a Swede, or a Canadian it seems. We've hardly had any nice warm sunny days since that wonderful week, sigh... Hopefully it will change in time for when we're off work, which is next week and the week after. I hope things improve for you too.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...