Sunday, July 7, 2019

Day 68 - From Rome with Love


Now we've finally reached the end. These are the last of my Rome photos. Wow... I've never done a 68 day challenge before. I once did a 30 day challenge of photos and then started a 30 day challenge of drawing comic strips but this one tops even that. It has been a lot of fun reliving Rome through photo editing and blogging. I've really enjoyed googling all the places I've visited and finding out even more about them. It has almost been like taking the trip again, and I think I'm actually gonna continue doing this, just after a bit of a break - since it's summer I'm taking a few weeks off work, and when I come back I'll hopefully have another batch of photos to edit.

Today's left shot is of a clock that is powered by water. Notice the scale in its bottom part? That's what makes it tick - the small scale shifts from side to side as water flows to one side and fills it up and then the other.

The right shot is the perfect end to my challenge, actually they both are - a clock powered by nature to run forever symbolizing "eternity" and the couple to the right kissing by the pond... Rome is a very old city - a city of forever - and as I traveled there I grew to love it, just as so many others who have traveled there before me have. So, it's time to say goodbye to the city of unending time with warmth and affection. To say goodbye to Rome with love...

I'll be back in August :)

/MrsHjort


Ps. A warm thank you to all of you who have followed me these past months. You rock!

A special thank you to all who have taken the time to comment and write to me. I appreciate all of your kind words and the support you've given me. Without you I wouldn't have made it for so long!

Also a super special thank you to Bob, who have brightened all of my days with his kind and witty comments. You are the best, sarge! Never change :)

2 comments:

  1. That's a freaky-looking clock, but nice shot. :) That couple is really just another statue, but somebody's painted it. ;-)

    Do we need a drumroll now, to find out what location is next? Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Drumrolls are always appreciated! I don't really know if and where we'll go yet though. Time will tell :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...