Sunday, September 1, 2019

Day 1 - Groningen



So, It's time for a 30 day challenge again! And yey! There is going to be quite the crowd this time! So if you're following me from Facebook or twitter, I highly recommend you go and check out the other player's pictures at Daggerbay. It's going to be so much fun to see what everybody comes up with each day and it's going to be lovely chatting with you all. I look forward to a great month filled with gorgeous inspiring pictures :).

Due to health related issues, I'm going to be kind to myself and do a post-ed only challenge this month. It will maximize my chances of actually making it, and besides, I wen't on a trip this summer, shot something like a thousand pictures and I really want to get to editing them. So, I'm going to show you all the "before and after" each day, and since there are so many pictures, there might be more than one of them some days.

Mr and I took the car for quite a road trip this summer and this is the starting point of my challenge as well as the first stop on our trip - Groningen in the Netherlands. I'll tell you more about it tomorrow :).

/MrsHjort

15 comments:

  1. No offense, but I prefer the before. The after looks like it is sharpened a bit too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really done much sharpening actually, so I gather you refer to the contrast? No offence taken, you are welcome to like the before shot. In Sweden we have a saying - "Personal taste is like a buttocks - divided" :)

      Delete
    2. Ha! I like that - will have to remember it. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I'm looking forward to reliving your trip through your edits as much as I am looking forward to editing and posting pics from my trip! This will be a fun Worth reunion, Natalie! Thanks for organizing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you, I look forward to seeing your shots too! It's going to be so much fun! Just like back in the good old days, and I am so glad that so many decided to join! Thank you so much for helping to spread the word.

      Delete
  3. Lovely shot, it really draws the eye in to and through the scene. What fun on so many levels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a quaint scene! The men in their blue outfits really stand out in the shot. Looking forward to more of your photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes I got lucky with them. They added that little extra spice to an already beautiful environment :)

      Delete
  5. This looks so peaceful... and beautiful! What a lovely place to visit! MadamMtnLion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful city, I really like its vibe :)

      Delete
  6. It was a surprise to see Groningen, you were so close ...
    I like the way how you captured this part of the city and hope to see you IRL in Groningen some day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see they have some pretty large boats that use the channel. How interesting and of course it's so different from anything we have in the states. Nice that you even go a little boat cruising along, maybe they are going fishing? Really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they were, maybe they were going to drag the line behind the boat :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...