Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Day 7 - Founders and Gods


This is the final picture from Piazza del Popolo that I will show you. It's of the fountain called Rome between the Tiber and the Aniene, you'll find it on the east side of the square by the steep slope of the Pincian hill. The goddess Roma, who personified the city of Rome, is armed with lance and helmet, beside her are the river gods Tiber and Aniene, and beneath her, the Capitoline Wolf feeding Romulus and Remus, the founders of Rome.

After this, the very first stop on our holiday, we strolled down the shopping street I mentioned a few days ago. Nuhuh, we didn't buy a thing! So there! All who know me know I hate shopping, so nope, instead we just looked at the beautiful buildings and went inside every church on the way down the street, each more beautiful than the next... But more about that tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I'm loving this series Natalie, excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who stole her lance (groan - ha)? :-)

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...