Saturday, October 10, 2015

New Adventures


I've been away for a while now, travelling. And since I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my photography, and my laptop can't handle PS, that means that I've been away from my blog as well. This was the third time we went back to the one of our favorite islands - Madeira, Portugal.

I've always preferred nature photography to anything else, and Madeira is a great place for that. The "levadas" and mountain paths are just gorgeous and the flora is quite unique. You can find a lot of different types of areas - from very dry to very moist, and sometimes, it's enough to turn a corner to get from one to the other. Very cool indeed!

Unfortunately though, Mr and I had been sick for weeks before travelling, and therefore, we were quite out of shape. So, alas, this time we had to keep to the easier treks, wish meant mainly forest treks along levadas. Don't let that give you the idea that it was less enjoyable or less adventurous though. You can find really gorgeous spots pretty much anywhere on the Island, and despite the fact that Mr and I have spent... lets see... yes, as many as 7 weeks on the island in total, counting all our trips there, there are still things we haven't done yet!
Ergo, lots of cool stuff to see and do, and shoot ;)

So, there's more to come. I just wanted to touch base a bit, and show you the first batch of my shots. They describe our trip pretty well I think - wandering in lush green forests, feeding birds and enjoying the wonderful weather :)

See you soon

/MrsHjort

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...