Saturday, October 11, 2014

A Room with a View

I'ts been a year now, a year since we moved into our house here in Huskvarna. A lot has happened during that year! We've renovated just about everything; the kitchen, one of the bathrooms, the bedroom, the hall, the stairs and the media room. We have brand new windows and the whole outside of the house has been redone, from the new facade plaster to the paint jobs. Yes, i'ts been a busy year filled with hard work. I'm very lucky to have such a handy husband.

The most recent thing we did was knocking out one of the walls downstairs, in order to make our living room larger. It has made the room a lot brighter too, and it has improved the view significantly - since we now have three windows facing the valley.

These are not a recent photos - the top one was taken about a year ago (and the rest are from the same season) but autumn this year is just as beautiful. Since we moved here we've quite often marveled at the rainbows rising over the hills... When they're particularly colorful, like this one, I grab my camera as fast as I can and run up to the attic. It's a very nice place to shoot from, no matter the time of year, and "today's" pictures are all taken from up there. I just love standing there with my tripod and my remote.

Come to think of it, many of my photos on W1K the last year have been shot right here at home. More than before - when we lived in the flat - but I suppose that it only natural because of "A" the novelty of it all, "B" the fact that it's bigger and "C" we didn't have a garden before and I love shooting flowers.

It turns out I also love shooting the view, and maybe you'll see even more variations of it here, or on W1K, in the future. I've always though of myself as a macro kind of girl though, and I've always been a bit uncomfortable with landscapes - so often they end up not doing reality justice, and I end up sighing at their "flatness" and lack of "atmosphere". But you know what they say; practice makes perfect. :)

/MrsHjort

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...