Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Out in the Rain

Today has been really "autumny" - rainy, cold and gloomy, you know, those kind of days when the cloud layer is so thick, that it seems like its twilight all day long. It has really suited my mood...

These past few days have been tough. The friend I spoke of before has passed away, and thus, I dedicate this blog entry and these pictures to her, this wonderful person who left us far too soon.

Life is a precious thing, can be gone in a wink, so you have to make the most of it. That's really something that this person did - even though she was diagnosed with cancer a year ago, she kept on fighting. She was one of the bravest persons I've ever known, who always wanted to do her best, who reached for the stars and kept on striving to achieve her goals. She was always positive and always had a smile on her face, kind to everyone she met and selfless in a way that is very rare today. I know that you usually say things like this about people who have passed away, but every word is true, without a moment's hesitation. She was something truly special.

I remember the last time I met her, she had a lot of heath related problems to deal with, and yet, she asked me how I was doing. She! It's people like her that really make an imprint on you, who find a way into your heart and sets a wonderful example to you. I admire all that she was and my heart goes out to her friends and family. She will be missed and I'll keep her memory with me forever.

~
Life is a precious thing...
... you have to make every moment count,
make the most of it,
and live every day to its fullest,
live here and now,
because you'll never know what life has in store for you,
for good or worse.

So make every day count,
reach for the stars and make you dreams come true
~

/MrsHjort

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...