Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pleasant Surprises

Sometimes my camera does weird things, I don't know how, or why, but occasionally it's like it goes "no! What you want to do is boring! I want to do this instead!"

I always take one or two extra shot for safety. Particularly when doing outdoor macros - since the wind can ruin a good shot, or the lighting might change slightly from moment to moment, when there's a cloudy sky. Once I even tried doing a floral "HDR" shot (for the lack of a better word) - merging three shots that didn't work individually. I merged one shot from when a cloud was covering the sun, one from when there was a wisp in front of it, and one when it was out completely. It actually turned out pretty neat! It really made the reds pop - which can be a problem sometimes when shooting outside in "real" light conditions.

Anyway, this was one of those safety shots I talked about, before my ramblings lost track, and even though my camera did some wacky things, which made the shot sort of hazy, I kind of like the result. It's certainly not one of my strongest shots, with composition in mind - it was very windy, and I waited for several minutes at a time for things to settle down (whilst sighing and grumbling haha). Composition aside though, I like the dreamy mood. Don't you :)

So, tell me, does you camera also go bananas sometimes? Does it have a will of it's own, and is it just waiting to confuse you with its mastermind schemes? If so, it might be related to mine!

Have a nice weekend, dear friends, cheers!

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely, Natalie. It has a very ethereal feel to it. Makes it romantic and great for a card to say "I love you" to someone.
    :-)
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That's a nice idea :). Maybe I'll print it out an give it to Mr on Valentine's Day.

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...