Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The One That Didn't Quite Make It

Like so many, I have a "shoe box" folder on my computer, filled with pictures that somehow didn't survive the process of selection, the ones that weren't quite good enough, or didn't quite fit into what I was looking for.

This is one of those pictures. It was a candidate for the Calendar Challenge (April), but I ended up going with an other once, since I didn't want a picture of a white flower that month - I wanted to vary the colors, and I did white in February. So, there it has been since then, in the shoe box, gathering pixel dust, still waiting for an opportunity to shine - so today, I thought to myself, why not here?

As I look back on my time at W1K, I realize that it's almost been two years now, and the quality of my shoe box pictures has improved a lot! Ever now and again I erase the ones that no longer live up to my standards - the one's I know I will probably never enter into a contest, and when you think about it, it's actually kind of cool, because if anything, it shows how I've grown and how I've found my "style" so to speak. Because apparently, I have one haha, or so I've been told.

Anyway, the point of today's fumbling ramblings today, is that a year or two at W1K really enhances your skills, and I want to thank all of the kind, generous people who have taken the time to comment and advice me. You are the best!

/MrsHjort

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...