Thursday, June 6, 2019

Day 37 - Underneath the Trees


These shots are from a small park that we used to go through on our way to the sights. This particular morning we were on our way to Castel Sant'Angelo that is right at the end of this park. I often forget to take pictures when I'm on my way to somewhere and only stop at the "big things" on the way, or the ones that scram "shoot me!" While this park is a beautiful place I didn't feel the urge to stop there until this morning as there are salesmen along the whole side of it (the stands to the left in the bottom picture) and I'm one of those women who hates shopping... and crowds. Though early in the morning it's better, so then it actually occurred to me to stop and snap a few pictures, and I'm glad that I did. A city like Rome with so many famous sights is a thing of wonder but the roads between those sights are pretty too and it's nice to have those shots of familiar paths to remember the general vibe of the city rather than the tourist filled sights.


/MrsHjort


2 comments:

  1. Was it quiet though, or were those stalls shouting out their trade? If quiet, then at least it isn't a good park (too) ruined. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quiet in the morning and packed filled with tourists in the day. They weren't shouting but they sure bade their best effort to stop you, so it was best to walk as far away from them as possible :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...