Sunday, June 2, 2019

Day 32 and 33 - Sant'Agnese in Agone


As I said back in the beginning of this series, I like to try my hand at making sense of the marvelous ceilings of the Roman churches through composition. Though the interiors are beautiful, it's not been an easy task for me - it's not some thing I try my hand at very often - but I still enjoy trying to get all those wonderful shapes to make a pleasing whole. So here are my favorite ones of Sant'Agnese in Agone - a church that lies right by Piazza Navona. I'll tell you more about it tomorrow.

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you took both of these. Now then, is that a robot in the painting on the right? And a scene from Hades decorates a church ceiling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy them. Haha, yes that harp does look a bit like a weird robot, funny! And according to Wikipedia the ceiling is depicting the Assumption of Mary :)

      Delete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...