Saturday, April 2, 2016

Day 2 - Dahlia

This is from last autumn. The shot was doomed to the shoebox when I saw it on my monitor and discovered that the focal length didn't quite cover the bee. Alas I had no other shot that did, so focus stacking was out. Thus I gave it up at the time, and went with an other shot for whatever I was shooting for that day. Photoshop sure can do some magic though, a couple of bee specific High Pass layers later and I'm satisfied to use it.

This shot made me think of Alice in Wonderland. Maybe it's because the composition looks similar to a drawing in the children's book I had when I was young. That made me want to use processing to make it look slightly unworldly, as fitting for a fantasy story. So off I went and did several layers of cross processing and then cut them together with different layers softly spreading out from the bottom one in the middle.

Now that I'm done it makes me think of the book even more :). I love the time travel you sometimes experience through photography! Don't you?

/MrsHjort

3 comments:

  1. A gorgeous shot, and the colours do indeed look other-worldly. The bee looks great too! Very cool work. It's very ethereal and looks like a sort of wild and disorderly garden that holds untold and unknown treasures. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a reason why processing a photo is also called developping. It takes the raw negative to the next level, brings out what was there all the time and this one is gorgeous.

    (This one also makes me think I chose the wrong set for this challenge ;) not much to gain from them other than fast prepping for a tourist album)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and painterly, it sure could be an illustration in Alice in Wonderland. The colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...