Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Day 6 - Peony

This is one of those shots that I've been saving for what seems like forever, but never found a use for. One of the reasons is that it's cliche, and therefore I wouldn't want to use it in the regular contests at Dagger Bay (or the like). And, when a cliche contest eventually arrived, this shot was long forgotten... but now it finally gets to see the light of day :).

Isn't that funny though? When you shoot something and think for yourself "I'll keep that one in mind for future use, it's perfect for this or that kind of contest" but then you totally forget? It happens constantly to me. But I guess it's only natural since my archive is now... let me see... it's storing 19 413 pictures!? No wonder stuff get lost! I guess I'll have to create some kind of new filing system for potential contest pictures haha.

/MrsHjort

2 comments:

  1. I hope you at least use Lightroom to catalog your images. It makes finding them so much easier. You can tag them with keywords that will come up when you search for images with particular themes and then you don't need to remember anything! My archive has now got 304,000 pictures in it, and I wouldn't know where anything was if it wasn't for Lightroom!

    But I digress...

    This is a beautiful shot with a great colour palette for a really cool finish. It's quite a change from the warm colour palettes of your first few and the water droplets really finish off that coolness. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What she says on Lightroom. It does need some time and dedication to title & keyword when you already have a zillion K in your archives ~)but when you start with every new shoot and work your way back you will enjoy it more as time goes by. I tend to work on backlogs every time I search for contest candidates ;)
    On your photo, it's lovely but I do miss your extreme processing today.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...