Monday, April 4, 2016

Day 4 - Wood Squill

Here's an other little ugly duckling who got to grow into a swan. It was one of those shots that got pushed aside in favor of a better one, plus, it always bugged me that the center of the flower is't in focus. Processed this way it does not matter to me as much though - since the glow makes it an entirely different kind of shot. Enhancing the light like this makes it into a "mystical fairy-tale" type of shot, and that takes the pressure off the that little imperfection. Funny how a photo can change genre like this, just through the use of different post processing techniques - in this new context the blur actually works in its advantage.

I'm gonna have to stop trowing shot's like this away haha. If only I can get that perfectionist inside me to keep her finger off that delete button. A photo does not have to be technically perfect to be enjoyable. That's the lesson I relearned today :)

Cheers!

/MrsHjort


4 comments:

  1. Interesting flower!! I love how the blue plays off the red and orange background so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue and orange/yellow work work well together, and I also like the soft dreamy quality of it. The paler areas of the flowers are perhaps a bit brighter than I would have made them, but perhaps that's what helps contribute to that ethereal quality...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and great colour combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reds give it an out of this world mood which I looooove.

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...