Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Day 5 - Snowdrop

This picture was a though one to edit, I am still second guessing the processing I used. On one hand the white flower needs contrast to shine, and on the other the "contrasty" background may be a tad too much. I like the glowing foliage in the background and the golden quality it adds, though at the same time I am worried it takes the glory away from the flower, buuuut at the same time I like the overall impression of it all. Aaaargh! Maybe I'm overthinking this haha. After all, those dark areas are where they are supposed to be.

The main thing I like about this shot is the way that little bell-shaped flower is only just open. That's when Snowdrops are the most beautiful. I love the clean innocent elegance of them, don't you? It's a pity they only bloom once a year. But then again we wouldn't appreciate them as much if they were more generous would we?

Happy Spring to you all

/MrsHjort

3 comments:

  1. So new, fresh and perfect, the white petals are flawless. I like the golden foliage but may have toned the orange foreground down a bit. But you sure have the snowdrop standing out and being the star! Happy spring to you from the other side of the world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way it has such a beautiful little bowed head and seems to be paying homage to something in the background. I agree with your sentiments that the bright bit at the back does pull the eye a bit, but I think the contrast and colour in the foreground works well. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could have solved the contrast contradiction by selective editing. Masking in/out just the snowdrop or creating a radial filter in Lightroom (or by a different name in Nik > Fog, or PS).

    ReplyDelete

My Father, a Tribute to a Kind Man

This blog post is going to be longer than usual, and even so, how can one summarize one's feelings and memories of a person within the p...